How long will our Candle Bars last?
- However some have lasted longer. It depends on the strength of the fragrance.
What kind of wax is used when making our Candle Bars?
- Many customers have asked about the wax we use and why. We use a food-grade petroleum based wax. We chose this wax because of its superior scent loading ability, melt point and firmness. We looked into vegetable based waxes, and we just couldn’t get a quality candle bar.
- The type of wax we use is a non-issue, with regard to the chemicals released while burning. We only warm the scent out of the wax – the wax remains in the warmer, thus there is no danger of chemicals being released into the home.
What is food grade petroleum wax?
- Basically it is the same wax they spray on apples, in the supermarket, to give them their shine
What type of oil do you use in your candles?
- Key fragrance oil which is the highest grade of oil before processing.
Do I use a whole candle bar at a time?
- Candle Bars come in six, break-a-part sections. Choose your favorite candle bar scent, break off one or two sections and place in our warmer. Next turn on your warmer…relax and enjoy. The only thing warming out is the fragrance.
How hot does the wax get when warmed?
- The wax will get to just above body temperature, so it won’t burn or harm anyone.
How do I clean the wax out of the warmer?
- While the wax is warmed and melted pour into a disposable container and wipe the warmer with some paper towels or napkins, or place warmer lid in the freezer for 5-10 minimum and the wax should slide out. Then just pop in your favorite scent
What wattage of light bulb does the warmer use?
- A standard 25 watt, small based light bulb. Each new warmer comes with its own light bulb.
How much is shipping?
- Shipping is always free for home, basket and book parties with $150 ($200 CAD)or more in total retail sales. Direct ship orders to individual customers add 10%.
- Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, and Puerto Rico are 10% with a 20% shipping charge for direct ship orders in those states.
How long until delivery?
- Approximately 1 to 2 weeks from when the party closes or an order is placed.
Can I sell online?
- Yes. Independent Consultants can sell products online through their replicated website. All online advertising must first be approved by the home office.
Can I sell on eBay?
- No. To maintain the quality and integrity of our products, Independent Consultants are prohibited from selling on eBay or any other auction type website or service.
Can I make my own personal website?
- Yes! Independent Consultants can make their own website, however all independent websites must be approved by the home office. Each consultant is allowed one external website (other than their Scentsy replicated website). The website must be submitted to Scentsy for approval and, once approved, you will receive a button to place on your website showing it has been approved.
Can I sell at fairs and events?
- Yes! Independent Consultants are allowed to sell at local events and expos. You can elect to purchase inventory to resale at the events or take orders only. The choice is yours. Only one Scentsy booth per event.
Are there any monthly or quarterly sales requirements?
- To remain an active Independent Consultant, Consultants are required to sell a minimum of $150 per quarter ($150 must be earned in one month, in a 3 month period). You can accomplish this easily with one home show, online sales or a book party.
Are there any requirements to earn commissions on my team?
- To earn commissions on your team, you must be a Lead Consultant and sell a minimum of $500, per month, in personal retail volume to qualify.
- A Lead Consultant is a person who has $500 in monthly personal retail sales, $1000 in Group Wholesale Volume in a month and one active frontline Consultant.
Are we required to pay for any of the Host Rewards?
- A $5 Host Rewards Fee – Party Fee can be paid either by the Host or the Consultant. Most Consultants use this as a thank you gift for the Host and pay the fee themselves.
How much is a Starter Kit?
- Our Starter Kits are $99 plus shipping and handling. Each kit contains all 80 plus scent samples and everything you need to start your successful Scentsy Wickless Candle business.
How long does it take to get my Starter Kit?
- They generally ship starter kits within 48 hours of receiving your application. Starter Kits are shipped via UPS.
Is the Consultant Scent/Warmer of the Month Kit a required purchase?
- No. We are never required to buy products. You can learn more about the SOTM and WOTM Programs here.
Who do customers write their checks to? The Company, Hostess, or the Consultant?
- Checks need to be made out to the Consultant as we submit party orders online. For customers paying by check, payment is made using the Consultant’s credit card or a debit card with a Visa/Mastercard logo.